Saturday, August 26, 2017

Welcome to Room 25!

August 21, 2017

Dear Families,
Welcome to a new school year! I am anxious to meet you and your child
and to begin our year together. The first days of school are always
exciting for me and this year is no exception. Our first grade orientation
process is a little different from the rest of the school’s. It seems that
meeting the teacher and checking out the room with Mom or Dad, helps
those first day first grade jitters (for everybody).

On Monday or Tuesday (at 9:00), you and your child will have a chance
to tour our classroom and meet Ms. Skates and me. After a few family
activities together, children will say their "good-byes" and go outside to
play with the other first graders, while parents have a short meeting with
me to talk about the transition to first grade, uniforms, lunch, gym, etc.
(Back-to-School Night will be devoted to talking about the curriculum).
After the meeting, parents will leave and I will join the class at recess to
start our first day. Half of the students will start Monday and half
Tuesday. Wednesday will be the first day with the WHOLE class. I
appreciate your help in making this an easy transition for everyone.
I am looking forward to getting to know your child. I have enclosed a
Parent Feedback Form for you to fill out which will help me know a bit
about your child before the school year starts.

I look forward to meeting and working with you in the upcoming year.
Sincerely,

Marie Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment